Easy Restaurant Style SalsaJun30
6/30/2012 9:46 AM
I got this recipe from a friend and have been hooked ever since. What's even better is that this salsa meets all of the firehouse qualifications: Quick
(5 Mins), Easy
(Blender does most of the work), Plenty
( 80+ ounces), and Cheap
($7 - $10 depending where you shop).What you will need:
- Big bowl or container (This recipe makes a minimum 80+ ounces)
- 1 - 28oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 - 15oz can stewed tomatoes [U]mexican style[/U]
- 2 - 9oz cans of Herdez salsa verde (Found in the international section of the grocery store)
- 1 - 4oz can of diced jalepeno (not pickled)
- 1 - medium white onion cut into quarters
- 1 - bunch of cilantro
- 1 - medium lemon
Put 2 cans of Herdez salsa verde, 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 can diced jalapeno, 1/2 white onion, and 1/2 bunch of cilantro in blender. Blend for 20 - 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into your big bowl or container.Round 2
Put 1 can whole peeled tomatoes, remainder of onion, and remainder of cilantro into blender. Blend for 20 - 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into your big bowl or container.Round 3
Squeeze lemon into bowl and stir.
Should last a week in the refrigerator (If it doesn't get eaten first).
[B]Don't forget the chips!